Parables are used to keep from being known, not to make it easier.
- Mark has a limited account of the meaning of parables
- Luke has some information
- Matthew provides the fullest account and explanation.
The parable of the sower is always explained
The only ones who will understand are the ones with the desire to know and they come and ask.
The parable of the sower helps to understand all the other parables, and Mark is the only one to point that out.
The field is the world
A mustard is smaller than all other seeds. You could fit about 100 on the tip of a needle.
In 3 or 4 months, the seed with be a tree about 10-12 feet tall. Fast and tall.
Birds are always evil. A lot of people, when they hear “birds nest in the branches,” think it is a pleasant nice thing, but in reality it is symbolizing evil.
A little leaven is put into 3 pecks of flour. (Leaven is always referred to as being bad)
A little bit of evil in a whole; everyone is affected. If we start to think that a little evil is all right, we become the birds and not the mustard seed. It’s not okay just “one time.”
No matter how big or small our sin, it affects everyone around us and is sin all the same.
He said nothing to them in parable so that he could know which ones had the true desire to know.
Gather up tares? No, you’ll gather up the wheat also. He allows both to grow together so that the good is not destroyed along with the evil. The one who sows the good seed is Jesus.
- Wheat-Sons of God
- Tares-Sons of the Evil One
- Harvest-End of the World
The righteous will shine forth like the sun
It is WAY too easy to let a little bit of evil in, so if we come across evil, we need not just walk away, RUN! There is NO room for evil if we are standing with Jesus!
Do we have ears to hear??
(I’m not very good at this, but hope it’s inspiring and opens your eyes)
I have definitely been thinking about my blog name…the other wasn’t working for me. So I searched the inner workings of my brain and came up with the perfect solution.
I tried to look around at other peoples’ blog names, but that wasn’t working. Then I realized it was right in front of me all along. Always and Forever! I can’t believe I didn’t think of this sooner! Hahaha!
I’m such a dork. That is all..(:
- Me: Hi, how can I help you?
- Customer: *mumble mumble*
- Me: I'm sorry. Could you repeat that?
- Customer: Do you guys have the $1 large sodas.
- Me: Nope. Only the large sweet and unsweet teas for $1. Sorry.
- Customer: You guys are the only McDonald's in town that doesn't have that.
- My thoughts: ACTUALLY NO! There is only one out of five in town that has that, now shut it and get out!! k thanks! bye!
- Come on people. Are you really gonna flip your lid over $0.75??
- Oh McDonald's, how I missed you so!